Friday, August 21, 2009

Meeting date

We will host the book club meeting on Tuesday at 7:30. We will introduce the Flat Stanley Adventure book - Mount Rushmore. Since we are introducing the book, I don't think the meeting will be long, probably just 30 minutes.

The following week will be our last book club meeting. We can keep it on Tuesday at 7:30 if that works for everyone. The book won't have to be finished of course but I figured it will be good to end it there as we get ready for school to start. At the last book meeting I thought we might have some simple snacks - cookie or something - to wrap everything up.

As you finish up Swiss Family Robinson, talk about what type of home would they choose to live in? What was your favorite invention? Did you have a favorite animal or animal encounter in the story? The Swiss Family Robinson movie is available to view on YouTube in short segments. They might enjoy watching it and comparing to the movie or if they did not enjoy the story see if their interest is peaked after watching the movie. Just a thought...

And as we are ending for the summer, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the book club. The kids were great and I think/hope they had fun. It was a great experience for me and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I was quite tempted to continue it into the fall but after looking at all the activities all of our kids do, I found it would be harder to get a time that would really work for all of us. With that said I really appreciate all of the participation from everyone not just the kids but the parent envolvement and support was tremendous. Thank you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment