Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stink

Stink, Judy Moody's little brother is having an adventure.
The kids want to read Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express.

I know it is a holiday weekend but I have challenged them to read the book. Trust me, I read it in 40 minutes so I think they might be able to do it.

I have given them some Challenges... for those who could not be there pick your own question.

How did Guinea pigs get the name "Guinea Pig"? This is for Nate
How do you get 'Rainbow Poop'? This one for the boys (of course), Charlie and Connor.
Where does Stink live? I gave this to Hannah. You need to read and pick up on the clues. I think he lives in Northern Virginia.
What is popcorning? This one I gave to Annabelle and Syndey, I believe.
Who is Mrs. Birdwistle and why is she important? For Jessica.
Who is Mouse? For Anna

The site for the book is quite good with some activities including a maze, draw your own comics and a few other activities. Check it out at www.stinkmoody.com.

More Books -
So I have a few more I have added to my stack...
The Ransom Note Blues is a mystery with a secret message decoding twist to it. Perfect for this age group. We were sent a copy of the book by the author and she would be interested to see what the kids think of it. I told her we would send her feedback after the kids finish it. Perhaps we could do a short writing assigment in code to her.

The Penderwicks, A summer tale of four sisters, two rabbits and a very interesting boy, is still in the pile and I think it will be a longer read perhaps a read along type.

I picked up a new one at the library which is quite intriguing - Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains. It is a tale about a milkmaid, her best friend who is a prince and the set out to solve this mystery of Lucy's missing mother. I read the preface titled Before the Beginning Began, and it was quite good.

As always let me know if you or the kids have any thing they would like to suggest.

I think things have been going better than I orginially expected. I hope the kids are enjoying it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment